Thumbnail Filmstrip of The Matthew Mint Flying Eagle Cent Images
Destined to become one of the most treasured coins in your collection - a genuine flying eagle cent! Your coin is over 150 years old and is dated either 1857 or 1858!
- In the early 1850s, the large cent, which was about the size of a half dollar, was becoming increasingly unpopular in commerce and expensive to mint.
- In response, the U.S. Mint abandoned the coin and issued a smaller coin that was made from 88% copper and 12% nickel
- The new coin was instantly popular and featured a flying eagle that was originally designed by Christian Golbrecht
- Your coin is over 150 years old and is dated either 1857 or 1858
- Comes in protective capsule and case
Not available in AK, HI, PR
Express shipping not available
|Brand||The Matthew Mint|
|Dimensions||2" x 2" x 1"|