Thumbnail Filmstrip of The Matthew Mint Flying Eagle Cent Images
Destined to become one of the most treasured coins in your collection - a genuine flying eagle cent! Your coin is over 150 years old and is dated either 1857 or 1858!
- In the early 1850s, the large cent, which was about the size of a half dollar, was becoming increasingly unpopular in commerce and expensive to mint.
- In response, the U.S. Mint abandoned the coin and issued a smaller coin that was made from 88% copper and 12% nickel
- The new coin was instantly popular and featured a flying eagle that was originally designed by Christian Golbrecht
- Your coin is over 150 years old and is dated either 1857 or 1858
- Comes in protective capsule and case
Factory serviced to meet original quality standards. May have slight cosmetic blemishes.
This is a customer return. Customer returned items have a 7 day return policy.
Must be 21 or older to order. Check federal, state and local laws in your area before ordering. This is not a toy! Misuse or careless use may cause serious injury. By ordering this item I am certifying that I am an adult and may legally possess it where I reside.
Not available in AK, HI, PR
Express shipping not available
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: WARNING This product can expose to chemicals including lead, which is known to the state of California to cause reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Notice to CA Residents: California E-Waste Recycling Fee: CA law states that CA buyers must pay a recycling fee directly to the state for products with LCD screens and CRT monitors. See Cal Recycle Electronic Waste Management, for information on the amount to pay and where to send the payment. Heartland America assumes no responsibility for customers who fail to comply with this law.
|Brand||The Matthew Mint|
|Dimensions||2" x 2" x 1"|